Hello lovies! I’ve been taking some time over here in the cold state of Maryland (not as cold as others…but still theres a nip in the air!) with my mom and dad in town and working. I’m not sure about you all but sometimes I feel as though there’s so much work that goes into the holidays and then it’s gone before we even realize its happening (I believe that’s hooker for a “quickie”). So while I still had to work both jobs…I tried to slow down and make sure I had memories, both good and bad (cough nephew temper tantrum on Christmas Day over chiggington cough). I just don’t want to lose sight of what this time of year really is about and not the materialistic thing that it has turned into…but I digress. I don’t have any good photos of my make up but it was all the same the whole extended weekend. I’m pretty sure this has something to do with being at the mall at 7AM (baby crocodile tears to that) and not being able to think straight at 5am to get my *ish* together. Therefore I ended up with a sparkly nude lid, softly defined crease, a little deeper outer crease, highlighter all over the place, and red lips. I tell you what…that Kat Von D liquid lipstick- on point. I ate oily pasta salad…didn’t budge. Color me impressed!
Hopefully I’ll have some more up for you before the New Year…but if I don’t have a safe and happy new year/holiday!
First and foremost- I’d like to thank the lot of your for your kind words and support in regards to that wackadoo I had to deal with at work last week. I laughed, and chuckled, and maybe (maybe) snorted a little bit. Luckily I didn’t have any said wackadoos this past weekend so hooray for me!
But that’s not what we’re talking about today…today we’re doing a review! As fall and winter hits and the weather dries out and gets colder, I tend to switch a lot of my powder products to creams or liquids. The place I’ve always had issues with this whole “way of being” has been with blush. Cream and liquid blushes seem to be the first to splotch, oxidize, and stick to places they’re not supposed to (ie: concealer…which defeats all concealing purposes).
Insert Hourglass Sheer Cheek stains. As the name nudges at, they’re a sheer cheek stain….but so much more. They’re more on the creamy, foundation side like the make up forever hd blushes…but slightly thinner…possibly closer to a gel/cream (because I’m in the business of making that much sense). They’re well pigmented and a little definitely goes a long way.
Ok so story time.
I’m still trying to wrap my head around this situation so…if any of you have any any idea of how this makes sense… I beg of you to let me know. Also- this is my first time ever a) working retail and b) working retail holiday. I feel very fortunate that it took me 28/9 years to do so…but it is what it is. The photo above me depicts the face I made at this client when I couldn’t…I don’t know just read on: Continue reading →
Now on to things about me:
1. I watch cartoons every night to unwind. I’m talking Arthur and bearstein bears. Every night. There’s something about them that’s calming. I can also watch any Harry potter movie and pass out.
2. I’m deathly afraid of people dressed up as mascots, Easter bunnies, Disney characters. You know the ones where their face is fully covered and they have the mesh eyeholes.
3. Sometimes when I’m really down, I pick between two things: wearing my glowing Mickey mouse ears with my glowing rainforest cafe mug whilst listening to girltalk. Or I give myself a make over.
4. I threaten my dog the same way you threaten a house elf: with clothes. It’s like torture for him.
5. Unlike the jersey shore (terrible tv show) we have sweatpant time instead of t-shirt time.
6. I’m allergic to one of our cats (that dang gabby…and she loves me so much) and live Christmas trees. I’ve been suffering from the tree for 29 years and just found out why 2 years ago.
7. I have a dry sense of humor. So much so that my friends called me Daria all through high school.
Hope you found those new tidbits about me entertaining 😀 and if you didn’t I have another blog award to post about…so you’ll be getting more about me and my so called life.
I’m reposting this because I posted a bad draft by accident…my b Well clearly I’ve been off of my game with the whole “blogging” thing…but I’ll have to get to that when I get myself together enough to tackle that … Continue reading →